Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sabado De Gloria


Yesterday was the first Saturday that I was not compelled to attend our office Saturday Meetings.
And I was simply delighted as I had been attending that dreadful meetings for months.
Four months to be exact, Ever since our Sales Group had not been hitting our monthly sales target, it had been imposed by some tyrant upstairs.

Sadly this had been my misgivings over my so called new employer although I'd have to say I'm not exactly new in the company.

It had been almost a year and a half since I transferred to the Worldwide Express company, of course after the Drug Syndicate I was previously connected as a dealer. In which looking back i never experienced this kind of tyranny. It had been all good I would say, I just really don't know why I freakin transferred. maybe the bigger paycheck but then again if one computes the benefits I got from the Drug syndicate coupled by the fact that I was a bonafide shining star there as oppose to the Worldwide Express Company where in I'm a mere bit player.I'm really at a loss. Maybe because of boredom, maybe I wanted new challenges but for crying out loud not this kind of challenge

I sometimes just wanna get a hammer and poke meself for walking out of a good thing. But anyways sometimes one just have to carry on and suffer in silence LOL .

And enough of that as my alone time yesterday was simply glorious I was actually able to do things that I had wanted to do for months now.

First in my agenda was to watch the final Harry Potter movie at IMAX and lets just say its so fab as oppose to just watching the movie in 2D.

I watched the first showing in the morning at 11 AM and let me recommend this because I am practically alone in the huge IMAX theater and I feel like I own the damn thing, as if it was a private screening especially for me. Although there are around ten other people in the theater I hardly notice them.

Of course after a movie one is definitely compelled to eat so to a McDonald's I went. After which I cruised along Quezon Ave to look for other things to do. I then remembered the CD/DVD sale every weekends at the Universal/Polyeast Records offices.

While there I was able to purchase some hard to find dvd's that cost a fraction of the original cost . My purchase cost me a thousand bucks roughly 24 dollars. Great buys as I was able to buy six classic Audrey Hepburn movies and of course my best find Jimmy dean's Rebel Without A Cause...

And Next stop which I soooo need, An appointment with my Dermatologist friend for a badly needed facials. Which I have not done because I cant find the time to do so, because of the freakin Saturday meetings.

And lastly I wouldn't want my car to be left out on this worry free Saturday I dropped by the nearest car wash center to have my car buffed and beautified.

I know this sounds silly and no big deal to others but for me it had been a glorious Saturday. Having been able to do my usual Saturday routine without the worry and without any pressures after so long.

These things are a luxury for someone who have to struggle day in day out because of some thankless job. But for now Ill just shrug it off and relish this time out afforded to me this Saturday.......

No comments:

Post a Comment