Monday, August 22, 2011

Expectations


I'm kinda disappointed that the movie version of One Day is a bonafide flop.
I was able to read the novel a year ago and I loved and adored it immensely.

So when I heard it'll be turned into a movie I had such high hopes and thinking that it will have that “When Harry met Sally” Vibe with more drama and be box office gold, plus the fact that Anne Hathaway is starring in it. Although personally I think she's too pretty to play Emma. I was hoping some Brit actress maybe Emily Blunt as I like her very much. But I guess Hollywood is banking on Anne's star power (I'm wondering what the studio executives are thinking right now.)

Anyways with the casting of Jim Sturgess I'm simply delighted as I’ve had the hots for this guy since I first saw him in “Across the Universe”. Something about Irish Guys lol.

Unfortunately my expectations of the movie becoming a hit did not materialize instead it flopped.
I just had to console meself that the Book is really good and a best seller at that.

Anyhow I am going to watch the movie this weekend and I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping that the movie will not disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment