Sunday, August 14, 2011

Mmmmmmm....



Two of the fastest rising star in the Philippine fast food industry are Mang Inasal and Chic-Boy. and I happen to have sampled each this week. Mang Inasal last Tuesday and Chic-Boy just now.

Judging from the menu of each, one cant help compare the two.

In terms of number of stores Mang Inasal of course leads as the said establishment was acquired by fast food giant Jollibee recently but by the way Chic_Boy branches are mushrooming in the Metro I'd say its not far behind plus the fact that its owned by Pier One Bar and Grill Holdings Corporation owner of course of the wildly successful Pier One chain of Resto Bar.

Now we go to the heart of the matter which is of course the food. Affordability wise I'd say their neck to neck as both have very affordable offerings. Although I'd have to say Mang Inasal is a little cheaper than Chic-Boy.

In terms of the variety in the choices Mang inasal offers more but Chic-Boy does have the Cebu Lechon liempo which in itself I think can carry the brand because its mighty tasty and the servings are a plentiful.I haven't actually tried all the foods they offer but I'm guessing with the price tag that each establishment put on their product is worth it. Value for money even.

Interiors and cleanliness I would say Chic-Boy although the branch I visited is fairly new as oppose to Mang Inasal. But I have to commend Chic-Boy for their set up which seamlessly provides a more pleasurable dining experience as oppose to Mang Inasal's.

In terms of the comfort rooms Chic-Boy is much better but one has to qualify as mentioned prior that the Chic-Boy Branch is fairly new and the branch I went to is situated in a new community (Otis Residences near Robinsons Otis) as oppose to the Mang Inasal branch(SaveMore in Novaliches near the palengke) that I went to.

I would say hands down the two food chain is commendable for serving cheap and affordable eats that are both filling and delicious at that.

With the current economic situation our country is facing Its nice to have this kind of restos that can satisfy the Filipino palate without emptying our pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment