Wednesday, August 10, 2011

FEAR


A Text....then a phone call....
Flushed face ...Palpitations....Cold clammy skin...

No this is definitely not a scene from Scream but rather my reaction after receiving a text message from my Boss then a phone call from him.

No Again, I am not being fired or anything but rather an announcement that the dreaded Saturday meetings is back. And back with a vengeance at that.

My boss informed me that the Emperor of worldwide express will be attending the meeting.

Normally especially in my old job I never had this kind of aversion to upper management but with the Emperor its different. I sort of have this fear that he will gut or do something awful to me. It does not help that he hardly talk to anyone under him coupled by his reputation and notoriety for being a really strict boss.

Then of course the speculations that my other co workers are peddling that this and that is gonna happen during the meeting etc.had somehow aggravated my fear of him.

But seriously if one looks at the Emperor he is actually good looking , reared and bred from a rich family, Lives in the most expensive and posh neighborhood in the country.

But i just cant seem to eradicate my fear of him, maybe because I'm just basically one of the hoi polloi , the masses I sort of have this aversion and fear of the ultra old rich LOL.But I'm talking bullshit here.

I can practically talk to most anybody being in sales for a number of years from foreign expats, to high ranking Government Officials, Rich people from Top Doctors to Lawyers of Big Law Firms even to Artistas, but I just cant seem to have the nerve to actually strike a normal conversation with the Emperor. I don't know maybe because he's rich good looking , his stance but I am really mighty fearful of him.Maybe its the Miranda Priestly Syndrome cause he is of course the Big Boss.....

And I'll leave it at that hopefully Saturday meeting would not be a MASSACRE.

No comments:

Post a Comment