Thursday, March 8, 2012

BEST BET....

In the past American Idol, A handful of Fil Ams made it to the Top 12 and knowing just how talented Filipinos are at singing, one would think that we would have produced an American Idol in the last ten season run.

Unfortunately most Fil-Ams were generally waylaid and lost . The highest finish would be Jasmine Trias whom I personally think does not deserve to be a third runner up, I mean for cryin out loud Jennifer Hudson was eliminated early on in that season.I would have preferred the other pinay Camille Velasco but sadly she didnt show much charisma and overly self conscious so she got eliminated. Then there's Ramiel Malubay who had a nice voice but sadly is kinda boring and lacks personality.

And of course last year's Thia Megia who had that perfect soulful Adele like voice, but lacks the showmanship that is needed to survive and win the top prize.

So now were on the 11th Season of American Idol,I am oh so seriously hoping and betting on Pinay Mexican Fil Am or whatever she's called as the new hope for us. The girl oozes with self confidence and a really great voice. Though she does kinda reminds me of Ella Mae Sayson both in looks and voice which is a good thing I think. But what the heck this girl is very good. Initially I was not impressed when I watched her home made videos but when she performed "I Love You I do" last week I became a believer.

This girl can sing which she proves again this week by belting out Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You".
I just wish that she be really consistent and that the American voting public so to speak votes for her.....

No comments:

Post a Comment