Thursday, April 12, 2012

TURN UP THE RADIO



I really don't know for the love of God why this song wasn't chosen by Madonna's team as the lead single for her new album MDNA.
The song reeks of hit written all over it or is it just me. But then again compared to the previous single releases from MDNA namely "Give me All your Luvin" and "Girl Gone Wild" I think this is more accessible to the general public. Billboard Magazine was even quoted in saying that this should definitely be the next single.
Now that MDNA had a huge dip in the charts from No. 1 to No. 8 in the US Billboard chart, It needs a push from a hit single and I'm thinking this could be it.
It just irritates me that MDNA is a very good solid album with really good songs in it, And that it will be lost in oblivion, because this album is too good to just fade away.
I personally don't care that much about charts and as long as the Queen is making music it should be enough but I am just disappointed how M's management handled this albums promotion totally no traditional promotion quote unquote , I know that M is making tons of money in touring more than any hit savvy young uns (Katy, Gaga even Adele) but cant she at least say perform in a TV show, or do a cover in a major publication ( Vanity Fair, Vogue, Rolling Stone etc) like what she used to do in the past.
Maybe its a sign of aging, but just like her album I don't want her to fade into oblivion unless she wanted to , kinda like Garbo when she said "I Want To Be Alone".....
Anyways whatever happens I will forever Be a fan no matter what....

POSTSCRIPT: Gang Bang is another worthy single but I'm basing my choice on the fact that Gang Bang is not a General Patronage song , not suitable for kids actually.LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment